Sunday, 22 June 2008

Carey Island Seafood Trip

My family and I went to Carey Island on Jan 2008. You won't notice you are at an island cos this small island is separated by a river from the Selangor coast by the Klang River, connected with a bridge from the Banting town. Having heard that it is a seafood heaven, we decided to make a day trip there.

We start our journey around 10 am in the morning and stopped by this restaurant for lunch. This restaurant is located just beside the sea.

With nice scenary


and good food too..(price is reasonable)

The owner built a little viewing patio with couple seats cater for love birds..


Very cooling to sit and enjoy the seaview in a hot afternoon..

This is the name of the restaurant

After lunch, we went to this famous bao shop and immediately have "tea time" there. We ordered the traditional hailam coffee with some baos. I also found my favourite teochew rice kuih in this shop. Reminds me of my childhood days...

This place is far away from the hustle bustle of town. The clock seems to tick slower than KL. People there are humble and friendly. There were also spooky stories told about this place. But so what? Got good food is more important. Perhaps I should suggest to my linedance buddies to make a food trip to this place..

0 comments:

Post a Comment