Sunday, 13 September 2009

Sweet and Sour Pork Rib

This dinner dish is prepared by my favourite chef-mom in law. This meat dish is very appetizing for it is tossed with sweet and sour salads.
First she marinated the pork ribs with some of my home-made enzymes to tenderize the meat. i saw her marinating the ribs with soy sauce, wine, pepper and corn flour for few hours. Next she prepared the salad by tossing the cucumbers and carrots slices with some salt. Squeeze out juice and marinade in vinegar and sugar mixture and keep in the fridge.
To prepare the sweet and sour pork rib, she first deep fried the ribs. Next she tossed the fried pork ribs in the tomato sauce mixture, seasoned with some salt and sugar. Simmered for awhile and finally mixed the ribs with the salads.
This is one of the olden tasty dishes which most of our grandma and mother likes to prepare. When I was young, I only remember having it during the festival days only. When my mom prepared deep fried pork rib, her other variation is to cook it with baked beans. This variation is also one of my old time favourites..

0 comments:

Post a Comment