Wednesday, 11 February 2009

No Sweat Trimming

Festive period is finally over and everyone is now back to business as usual. Most of us were having excellent time during the holidays. Only one side effect with that...in a couple of weeks of alternating resting and partying, I noticed my body has started to grow sideways...that trigger me to review my 2009 new year resolutions. One of those is to workout more regularly to battle with the stubborn body fat. I better start to put into action.

I notice when I get older, it gets more difficult for me to control my weight. It is true that our metabolism slows down considerably with the aging process. Body fat seems to be very faithful to me. I have tried to get back to my prenatal figure and after many years of trying, I started to think that I probably would be permanently maintaining my current weight, ie a plump apple forever. Coz each time when I think I have slimmed down, I put on the lost pounds just in a matter of weeks, like this festival season. Sigh..

My lifestyle is not really sedentary as I do linedancing almost every weekends and lift weights occassionally. The only problem got to do with the input and output equation. The former is alreays greater than the latter.

I think it is high time I do something about it. My weight now is in a region of 56-57kg, could be higher on certain days in the month (you know what I mean?) I will have to start changing my habit of eating and to go more frequently on threadmills and lift some weights. I have weakness for food, therefore dieting will be the last option in my to-be carried out weightloss programs.

By the way, I have come across this diet plan which claims to be a "No Sweat Trimming". The only ordeal is that you have to follow the diet menu strictly. Anyway, it is only for 3 days. It seems to be quite easy to follow and the diet plan is made up of food that most of us would enjoy everyday. I have followed this diet plan once, a long long time ago and have managed to shed off 1.5kgs in 3 days and at that time my weight was 51kg gone down to 49.5kg. Perhaps if I do it now I will shed more as I am now on the upper scale of my BMI. Anyway, I am not really keen to try out again as it nearly made me faint..coz the portion of food intake is very little. Besides, I am now having gastric problem, this diet would possibly make my condition worse, not to mention my faithfulness to carry out the plan.

Basically you have to follow the diet plan religiously and you have to stop binge-ing. As the calories intake is designed to trigger the body to start fat-burning, you also have to stop all workouts. I was about to faint as I was too eager to lose weight. I have combined the diet plan with workouts. As a result, there was a sudden surge of blood sugar after working out. So you have to stop all workouts during the dieting days. I think it is worth trying by those without medical complications. Also, if you need a quick fix urgently for some big occasion to put on your body-hugging suit, you may attest on yourself the effectiveness of this plan.


You can find all ingredients easily available in major supermarkets. If you are not overweight, the diet plan will help you to shed off at least 10 pounds (4.5kg) it claims. Somebody please try it out and tell me the outcome...

You must drink 5x8 fl oz of water each day. This diet must be followed exactly if you want to get 10lb off the weighing scale.

Day 1
Breakfast:
Black coffee/tea (without sugar)
1 grapefruit
1 slice toast with 2 tsp peanut butter

Lunch:
Black coffee/tea (without sugar)
4oz tuna (in water)
1 slice toast

Dinner:
1 slice cold meat (chicken/turkey)
1 cup string/long beans
4 oz beetroot (canned)
4 oz ice cream (vanilla flavour)
1 small apple

Day 2
Breakfast:
Black coffee/tea (without sugar)
1 egg boiled/poached
1 slice toast
Half a mid-sized banana

Lunch:
Black coffee/tea (without sugar)
4 oz cottage cheese (not cheddar cheese)
5 Ritz biscuits

Dinner:
2 chicken franfurters/sausages
4 oz broccoli
2 oz carrots
Half a mid-size banana
4 oz ice cream

Day 3
Breakfast:
Black coffee/tea (without sugar)
1 egg, hard boiled
1 slice toast

Lunch:
Black coffee/tea (without sugar)
5 Ritz biscuits
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 small apple

Dinner:
4 oz tuna (in water)
4 oz beetroot ( canned)
4 oz cauliflower
4 oz ice cream (vanilla flavour)
Half melon (rock/honeydew)

The diet works on chemical breakdown. DO NOT VARY or SUBSTITUTE any of the above food. Salt and pepper to be used and not other seasonings such as soy sauce or tomato sauce. Where no quantity is given there are no restrictions other than common sence. This diet plan is to be used for 3 days at a time. After that you can eat normally. Do not over do it. According to the plan, you will lose 18kgs(if you are overweight) in a month if you stick to it. Toast is to be dry, no butter or margarine. Tuna, string beans and beetroot can be frozen or eaten from the can. Ice cream have to be vanilla. Black coffee/tea must be without sugar.

Happy Dieting!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment