Friday, 21 August 2009

The Same Chair

After moving out from the old office, the only setback is my office chair. I really missed the old one with ergonomic mid-back feature. The current one comes with tilt back feature and allow movement in a forward and backward direction similar to a rocking motion. Anyway, I never enjoy this feature at all since I can't afford to sit back and be lazy.

So the first thing I did to this chair was to push down the tilt lever to lock the rocking motion. As I feel more comfortably sitting without the rocking motion. Strange as it seems, every morning I come back to office, the chair starts to rock as though someone has pulled the tilt lever up to get the rocking motion back again. For the first few days, I passed it out as some of my colleagues may have sat on my chair and have adjusted the seat according to his/her own preference.


One evening I was the last to leave the office. Before leaving the office, I checked my chair again making sure that it was locked to my favorite position. Next morning, strange enough, the chair was unlocked to the rocking movement again. I was rather annoyed. "Has anyone been sitting on my chair before I came in?" I mumbled in my heart, is that my chair? Yes it was the same chair.


"I think there is another shift at night.." I told my colleagues.

"What do you mean by that?" One of them asked.

" I said there was someone sitting on my chair working the night shift"

" You must be joking!"

" I think this is pretty common in this office." Another collegue added on.

"Okay then, why not you do this..."


In the evening before leaving office, I wrote on a piece of paper,


DEAR USER,
PLEASE PUT THE SEAT BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL POSITION AFTER USE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COOPERATIONS


I sticked the paper on the back of the seat.

The next morning when I came back to office, the seat was intact. I am glad that the worker of the other shift got my message by pushing the lever down to stop the rocking movement before clocking out in the morning....

0 comments:

Post a Comment