Thursday, 9 October 2008

Mom & Babe Talk- I've Killed A Chicken

Egg probably is my babe's most favourite food. He loves it so much that he has always demanded it to be his main course almost everyday. While I wish to caution him on his calories and cholateral intake, it wasn't easy for me to stop him from over consumption of eggs as he's too young to be weight-conscious neither he is able to apprehend the term cholaterol and its impact on health.

At last I resorted to use the fear approach by telling him that each time he eats an egg, it would be as though he has murdered a chicken since chickens come from eggs. I was all too keen to teach him the law of karma and to instill in him the value of compassion towards living being. Gladly, the approach works and he had since promised me to eat lesser eggs as he wouldn't want to kill too many chickens.

One day, babe came back from party:-

Mom: What did you eat during the party

Babe: I ate jelly, popcorn, some rice with chicken curry and noodles.

Mom: I see,.. how was the food?

Babe: Yummy! But mom, can you promise that you won't scold me if I've said sorry k? i....
Mom: (Suspicious & anxious) What did you do?

Babe: I've killed a chicken...

Mom: You..what?!

Babe: I killed a chicken coz I ate an egg.

Mom: Goodness gracious!!


One afternoon, he is trying to sweet-talked me in buying him his dreamed toy...

Babe: Mom, just get me this present for X'mas only and you don't have to buy me anymore birthday present after this...

Mom: Stop asking for more, I just bought you that toy recently...

Babe: Mom..pretty pretty please.. this gonna be the last present for the year....

Mom: (Thinking) Hmm.. my babe's not stupid at all..he seems to know that Xmas is the last festival for the year.

Babe: (Eager..coz no response from mom) I know it is not good to spend money. But this would be the last one..i promised!

Mom: (Remained silence)

Babe: I know it is not good to spend so much money because I know spending too much money is not good right..it is like ...(pondered for awhile)

Mom: Like what?

Babe: Mom, where is the money come from? Aha! I know! Money come from bank.
Spending too much money will kill a bank; right, mom?

Mom: (Speechless)

0 comments:

Post a Comment